Thursday, October 21, 2010

Death Camp Momma

Right now, let's play catch up. I'll share a few of my most memorable dreams of the past.

I'm in a row of shower stalls and my mom is in the one next to me. We are wrapped in towels, and the room is full of steam, and other faceless people wandering by. I know that we are in a death camp, being poisoned by the showers or at least on our way to be. I step out of the stall and face my mom.

She says "Heather, I have something to tell you."
She stares at me with her head tilted to one side, lifts her hand into her hair, and slowly pulls out a handful of hair. She holds it out towards me and says "I have cancer".

In my dream, I don't react because we are already on our way to our deaths. However, when I wake up, I phone my mom and ask her to tell me that she doesn't have cancer. She laughs in wonder and tells me that it's so odd that I asked that, because she just had a mammogram and can actually tell me for certain, that she does not have cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment