Thursday, October 21, 2010

Zombies!

Last night, I had the worst dream.

It started with me going to Chinatown to see an optomotrist. I had opened my new box of contacts and found out I was getting ripped off by my current doctor, so I was in search of a new one. It wasn't actual Vancouver Chinatown, just some house on a dark street. It was bright out because of the moon, but it was deep night.

I was standing outside of the house with an older Asian lady, the new optomotrist. I noticed a guy walking up the sidewalk towards us. He stopped in front of the gate, dropped to his knees, and fell to the ground, dead. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I called 911 and told them what had happened. Once off the phone, the guy started moving, kind of stumbling back to his feet and I knew this was terribly wrong. I knew he shouldn't be getting back up.

Flash to my childhood home. My house was filled with people kind of milling around. Some I knew, some I didn't. I was looking out the living room window, and I can't really remember what I saw that made me panic, but it had to do with neighbours on the street acting very strange. I phoned 911 and started talking to a dispatcher. I told her that they needed to send someone right away because if they didn't come soon, it was going to get worse. All I could tell her was that they "were acting wrong". She said they would as soon as they could.

The tone of the dream then took a really aggressive swing, and everyone in the house was pushing and shoving, and I think something bad was in the house. I ran into a bedroom with a few strangers, and we blocked ourselves in. I'm totally panicking because there are things trying to get in. They somehow open a part of the bedroom door, and a girl from my high school, and some other person half get in, so I shot them. They fell to the ground and I slammed the door shut again. Everyone else in my room, including some guy I went to high school with, stare at me in disbelief. I know what they're thinking. Because we don't really know what's going on, I might be in some serious trouble for shooting them. They could be monsters. Or they could have been panicked people. But I say "It doesn't matter. I'll deal with it after. It needed to be done" because I knew that they had been after us. They weren't just trying to get in, they were trying to get us.

I call 911 again and talk to the same dispatcher. It's now been a few hours since I called the first time. She tells me that they're too busy now, because whatever it is, it's everywhere. I yell at her, telling her that if they'd come the first time I called, none of this would have happened. I look out the bedroom window, and I see that the zombies (somewhere along the

way, it has come to be suspected that they were zombies) have placed guards at the window and across the street. They're not mindless attacking zombies. They are patient and smart. These guards are not trying to get in the room, they are trying to keep us in the room.

Now there is noise at the bedroom door again, and I know for sure that it's zombies, because the people I shot have reanimated. I go and try to reinforce the bedroom door again. A white arm covered in red scrapes and scratches shoots into the room through the door jam, and starts grabbing at me. Then I wake up. IN TERROR. I started drifting back to sleep and it took me back to the room, so I woke myself up and forced myself awake until I was sure I wouldn't go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment