Thursday, October 21, 2010

Robot Dad

My dream starts in my childhood bedroom. My older brother is with me, and I'm looking out the window, down the street, into the school yard two blocks away. I'm trying to spy on this man with a moustache and a brown coat, who is in the crowd. You see, there is a shapeshifter loose, and he's coming after us.

My brother keeps popping his head up into the line of sight, and I force his head below the window, because the shapeshifter is trying to spy on us too. I get pissed because when I look back, he's gone, and I can't be sure if he's left the school or if he's changed shape. Now I'm not certain who I'm looking for.

Sudden switch - My dad is sick, and he's lying on my childhood bed, while my mom and I tend to him. I am feeding him by feeding a robot connected to him. When I shove stuff in the slit mouth of the robot, it eats it for him and sends him the food. I am still on high alert for the shapeshifter, and I am worried he may have taken the shape of my dad. My dad asks if he can have three egg yolks. I start grumbling, wondering how I'm supposed to get egg yolks into a robot's slit mouth, but I realize this is how I can tell if it's my dad or not. In reality, the day before, my mom had bought two dozen eggs. So in the dream, I tell my dad that we don't have any eggs. My mom starts to say "Yes we..." and I interrupt her. She says "But we just got..." and I pull her aside and say "SHHHHH!! Real dad would know we have eggs, this is how we can tell if it's the shapeshifter!"




So I turn back to my dad and wait for his reaction to the news that we don't have any eggs. Dad sighs and says "Ok, that's fine" and now I know it's the shapeshifter. I calmly start looking around the room for something hard to use as a weapon, but everything is soft and weighs nothing. I see my laptop, and it's the best I can do, so I pick it up. I turn around slowly, but the shapeshifter knows!! He jumps out of bed and I start running, pushing my mom ahead of me. For some reason, as we come out of my bedroom, we're in the hallway of my grandma's house. I push my mom ahead, and tell her to run down the stairs. I turn around and the shapeshifter is now an eight foot tall angry robot. I get frustrated, because now that he's made of metal, my laptop is just going to break if I try to attack it. Also, the robot is also weilding a laptop. So I keep running, and then I wake up. This dream wasn't very scary. It was actually kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment